Friday, January 21, 2011

Hi everybody !

My name is Angelique Owczarzak, and although my family name sounds Polish, I'm definitively French ! I come from Paris more precisely, and despite of all my love for my hometown, in 2010 I chose to migrate to the USA for a year ... The question that people always ask me is WHY ARIZONA ?? Good question. Actually, I needed change ( and I got it ! ). I thought that if I wanted to know better America, I had to go to the deep, deep part of it. Since I also love beautiful landscapes and was curious about the Wild Wild West legends, Arizona proved to be the ideal destination, didn't it ? And let me tell you : I don't have any regrets. I have fallen in love with Tucson and its nice people, much nicer than Parisian people !
My major is political and social sciences and I have always been interested by feminism and political activism. This year was thus an opportunity to get committed while improving my English. I decided then to apply for an internship at the Women's Resource Center, and now I'm writing a presentation on me ! What I really appreciate about the Women's Resource Center in UofA is that I have the chance to defend women's rights while respecting everyone, including men. I also like the fact that the Women's Resource Center offers services, events and programs, which is a little bit different from the feminist organizations whose goal is only talking, talking about women's issues without acting.
Although I come back to France in June, I want to give a lot of myself to this organization this semester, as well as I can. Women in Europe are in some ways and sometimes kind of different from American women, and that is for me an opportunity to learn more about American women's issues.
Sorry for my English mistakes and I'm impatient to begin this semester with the Women's Resource Center's team ! A tres vite !

No comments: