Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hola Amigos!

Hello everyone! My name is Daniel Curiel, I'm 20 years old and have grown up in Arizona my entire life. I'm a History major with a minor in Prelaw at the University of Arizona. My interests include international politics, futbol, jamming out on my drumset, guitar and keyboard, and basically learning about the world and all the beautiful people that comprise it. The Southwest has definitely shaped who I am and what I hope to achieve in the future. My parents are both Mexican immigrants, my mom coming from the North and my dad from the South. Because I'm a first generation child of immigrants, I grew up speaking both Spanish and English, a skill that has served very handy here in the Arizona-Sonoran desert. I'm very interested in U.S.-Mexico relations, especially along the border since it's always been my home. Through the course of my life I have witnessed the fierce militarization of the border which has only empowered me to seek solutions based on social justice and equality. These interests in human rights led me to a very important movement, the feminist movement. I became a feminist every since I realized I loathed double-standards and backwards thinking. Most importantly, a very special woman made me fall in love with the theory and the good it would do for the world.  I hope to bring my knowledge of feminist theory and social justice into action as an intern here at the WRC. I'm hopeful we will move forward in the struggle for equality!

1 comment:

Isabella said...

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.


____________________________________
Tera Gold
Buy Runescape Gold
Tera Item