Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Leah Eager- Introduction

Hi Everyone!

My name is Leah Eager and I am a junior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in Economics and minoring in Sociology. I grew up in San Francisco, CA in an apartment and I currently live just 15 minutes north of the city. I have no brothers and sisters and the rest of my extended family lives on the east coast so I primarily spend all of my time with just my mom and dad. Because I grew up in an apartment I always had weird pets while growing up. I was not allowed to have a cat or a dog, so my mom and I got creative and I always ended up having a strange pet. My worst decision was to bring home crayfish that we were studying in my elementary school and keep them in a plastic tub in my room. My mom and I eventually ended up throwing them down the garbage shoot a couple of days later.

When I was younger I was a bit of a tomboy and my favorite possession was a skateboard. I did have a couple of dolls but I always loved my skateboard. One of my favorite things to do is to travel. When I was in elementary school I traveled to Italy with my family for six weeks, we went around Tuscany and the coast. Since then I have returned to Italy twice more and hope to go again sometime soon. I have also been to Jamaica and Israel (this past summer). Israel was amazing and I would love to go back sometime, although I did pick up some Hebrew it was very difficult to communicate in the country.

During my free time, I love to just relax and hang out with friends. School is very stressful and its nice to just have a couple of hours to yourself where you don't have to worry about your next assignment. I also love to horseback ride and I have been riding since the age of five. I haven't found many places out in Tucson to ride but it is something I want to make more time for. I also enjoy hiking out here and I would like to camp on Mt. Lemmon at some point. Since I grew up in a city, I have never gone camping and this is something I would like to do. After college I want to go to the east coast, preferably New York city, and begin working at a corporate job.