Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello There!

Hello all! My name is Kristen Ribich and I am the Women's Resource Center's first Oasis Liaison! What this means is that I primarily intern with the Oasis Program for Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence, but I also spend time with the WRC and all of their lovely interns to keep communication between the two organizations clear! With the WRC, I am on the Health and Sexuality Committee and work with others to promote sex ed, STI awareness, and sexual assault awareness.

I am finishing my final semester at the University of Arizona, with a degree in International Studies, focusing on Development in South Asia. I am currently working on my honors thesis which examines India's legislation on sex trafficking, gauging how effective they are and how well they are being implemented. In my life, I aim to engage others in the issue of sex trafficking and human trafficking worldwide, and at the WRC and on campus, I hope to educate others about safe sex, as well as spread awareness about a variety of issues with the aim to lower violence against women.