Monday, February 21, 2011

Hi-lo! My name is Kate and I'm a senior at the U of A, going on my third and final semester with the Women's Resource Center. I am one of the Film Series Committee chairs, where I commit my life and my pride to putting on shows for campus and the Tucson community to experience, learn, and enjoy the feminism that I know.

I study History and Anthropology as my minor, with an emphasis in revolutions and women's studies. After the school day I like to veg-out with my room mates, watch excessive amounts of Arrested Development, The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, and the various Sci-Fi movies. Feminism, to me, is the ability to enjoy yourself wherever you may be and whoever you may be, without discrimination and without judgement. This makes the tasks of feminism broad and the allies numerous as I seek out ways to educate myself, my peers, my family, and my community about issues facing men and women alike in the pursuit of feminist happiness!