Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hello all!

Hey there! My name is Julia Purdy and I am a third year student at the University of Arizona. I am a double major in Religious Studies and Gender & Women's Studies with minors in Art History and Spanish. After I complete my undergraduate studies, my goal is to join the Peace Corps. I am a very passionate and conscientious person with a lot of interests. I enjoy quiet time and company, but I (for some reason) am very fond of running around and being very busy- I don't know what I would do without my planner! 
This semester I am the Outreach Coordinator and Historian for the Women's Resource Center as a way to more directly contribute to the changes that I want to see in the world. I have always been upset by the inequalities that I have experienced, read about or seen, but I did not know how to label my feelings until I came to university and learned the meaning of the term "feminism". This knowledge has changed my life and given me a basis for the work that I do, inspiring me to be active in making this world better. I am very ardent about the work that the women's movement has done and continues to do and am so excited to have the opportunity to contribute!   What we are doing at the WRC is appreciable and helping to create a more egalitarian world for everyone!
I am looking forward to learning about and working with everyone! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you! You are going to make the world a better place, Julia Helen Purdy.