Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hey there WRC and supporters!

Hi, I'm Liz Mitchell, and I'm back!!! I was a new intern for the Fall of 2010 and now I am returning for the Spring 2011 semester. I am junior with a Marketing major and a German Studies minor. I am  no longer serving on the Film Series committee but I can tell you I am their biggest fan! This semester I am solely on the Health and Sexuality Committee so look for me at the presentations. :)


After the two+ years at the University of Arizona, I can look back at the student organizations that have improved my experience here – the Women’s Resource Center is one of them. When I was a freshman living on campus I looked forward to the Film Series every other week as both an entertainment activity and to discover more about the issues presented in the films. I also attended SECS and was able to gain knowledge about sexual health that I had not heard of from my conservative family. The Women’s Resource Center has given me invaluable information from trustworthy sources. Now I want to give back to the organization through my internship! Let's have a good year!

No comments: