Friday, September 23, 2011




Hello!!!  My name is Yakira, I'm currently a sophomore at The University of Arizona. I'm a Spanish Literature & Business major. I choose to come to the U of A because it was a great place to be and everyone that was here during orientation loved it and couldn't wait to be an Arizona Wildcat. I love sports, meeting new people, and spending time with friends and family.

Why did I join F.O.R.C.E?
There are many misconceptions when it comes to describing feminist groups. I believe that women come together not to bring up radical movements throughout society, but women come together to support, teach, and educate one another. We as college women come together to inform other students about resources, possibility, and potentially. We also come find that excluding opinions or perspectives never leads anyone anywhere, so for us, the women of our future it is important to keep and open mind but yet set forth our principles and what we represent. For me it was important to be a part of a group, but not just any group. It was important to be a part of the group of women leaders that come together and promote a worthy cause that has the ability to advocate change and promote resources for young women around the U of A campus.

No comments: