Monday, September 12, 2011

Meet the Interns: Wendy


My name is Wendy and this is my third year here at the University of Arizona. I have lived in Tucson my whole life. My major is Family Studies and Human Development. I am in the process of organizing my minor, which will be focused on Human Sexuality. 
I look forward to being one of the two Co-Chairs for the Health and Sexuality committee within the student organization F.O.R.C.E. this semester. Sexual health education and awareness is something that I feel strongly about. Part of what the Health and Sexuality Committee does is give Sexual Education College Style (S.E.C.S.) presentations around campus. I hope to help educate others and myself, and encourage sexually transmitted infection testing and prevention.
I am proud to say that I am an intern for F.O.R.C.E. which is the student organization for the Women's Resource Center at the University of Arizona. They are empowering organizations that advocate for gender equity and social justice, as well as promote health and wellness. Education and knowledge is power, and open discussion of topics such as sexuality is necessary for good physical and mental health. I am thankful for this opportunity and I will strive to be a valuable asset to F.O.R.C.E. and the W.R.C.!


No comments: