Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meet the Interns: Marisa

Hellooooo, I'm Marisa Skelpsa-Muñoz. My last names are Lithuanian and Mexican, and that is my lovely mixture (with a little German there too). I'm nineteen going on twenty, I've lived in Arizona my whole life (mostly in Phoenix) and I just started my junior year here at the U of A. My major is Spanish translation and interpretation and I have a minor in Portuguese. I've always been really jealous of multilingual people, so I'm picking a few languages I like and making it my goal in life to become fluent in them. I love to travel. I've been to Spain, Italy, the Dominican Republic, I just got back from a summer in Guanajuato, Mexico and I plan on going to Brazil to study abroad next summer. Almost everywhere I go, I fall in love with some part of the place and decide I want to stay and live there forever, so right now I really want to be in Mexico. Therefore, I have no idea where I really want to live or what kind of career thing I'll end up wanting to do or just where my life will go in general, but right now it's awesome trying to find out. This is my first semester interning with F.O.R.C.E. and I'm on the educational programming and health and sexuality committees. I'm really excited about all of our events and being a part of this amazing group of awesome feminists. YAY!

No comments: