Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meet Allison!


Hello everyone! I'm the Intern Coordinator and Development Intern this fall at the WRC. It's my second semester interning, and I spent the summer at the WRC helping adjust to the new space and organizing all the awesome resources in our library. Which, by the way, you should check out a book if you haven't already! There are some really fabulous new ones, and some great older ones as well.

I'm a senior, and my major is Political Science. However, Women's Studies is my favorite department and my minor, and Spanish is my other minor. I've been around for awhile, but I think the term super-senior is inappropriately snarky! This semester, I hope to teach grantwriting, help interns with whatever they need, and balance work and play.

I love reading books by Michelle Tea and Anais Nin, and I hope one day to publish my sex-positive manifesto and make everyone understand that feminism is super-relevant. I also love to cook vegetarian feasts for friends, and sew my own clothes. Be on the lookout for my DIY workshops this semester!