Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meet Malia!



Hello all! My name is Malia! I am currently the co-director of The Women's Resource Center- I have been involved with the student organization since Spring 2008. A lot of my time in the WRC is focused on working with interns, and other organizations such as: ASUA, The Feminist Majority Foundation, Arizona List, Social Justice, Tucson NOW, Planned Parenthood, Tucson's Girl Scouts, UA Young Democrats, and many MANY more! My work is dedicated in establishing the WRC's mission statement in all of our events and programs. Although, my work load is hefty, the excitement outruns the stress! My goal within the Women's Resource Center is to not only establish a paid director, but also increase our exposure on campus and off campus, we have so many upcoming events- you would be crazy to miss them! I will be heading the Million Dollar Donor project late fall, helping out with all of our event programming, and further professionalize the Women's Reource Center to the extent a full-time undergraduate student can accomplish.

I am currently a Religious Studies Senior with a minor in Women's Studies, and a second to be decided (I'm stuck between Anthropology and Political Science). My dream job is to work in humanitarian aid, become a professor, and a political advisor. In what is left in my spare time, I love to sleep for long hours. I've been playing tennis since I was 8 years old, my favorite topic of discussions include; politics, women's issues, religion-feminist theology, the economy, project runway, music, and the weather. I've been told as a young child that I will change the world, and I plan on doing doing that.

No comments: