Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meet Jackie!


Hey all! My name is Jackie and my WRC internship involves working on the film series committee! If you didn't already know we are showing "Live Nude Girls Unite!" Next wednesday (9/17) at the Gallagher Theatre in the Student Union Memorial Center @ the U of A!! This movie follows a group of San Francisco exotic dancers who unionize to gain better wages, sick pay, and to protect themselves against secret customer videotapes. Following the movie will be an amazing speaker and admission is free so why not come?! 

Besides the WRC, I am really involved in various organizations at the U of A. I have another internship with a fitness company and I am getting certified to be a personal trainer! I am double majoring in nutritional sciences and anthropology. In particular I am really interested in sports nutrition and cultural anthropology. Over the summer I worked as an orientation leader for U of A's incoming freshman and did a bikram yoga challenge. I LOVE yoga and feel incomplete without going every week.  I also like biking, roller blading and running. I am training for my first half marathon that is in the beginning of december! 

No comments: