Thursday, September 11, 2008

meet ambeR


Hello, my name is Amber Adams. I am a Safe Walk intern for the UA Women's Resource Center. One night every week I await phone calls from people on campus who would like a safe, friendly walking buddy to and from different locations. Ask me about free pepper spray distributed by the WRC, which can help make a nighttime walk feel a little bit safer. I am enthusiastic about the WRC, its mission, and its many determined volunteers and interns. I will be helping in the fight to establish and maintain a paid professional director for the Women's Resource Center which is a necessary and appropriate position for any accredited institution.

In my free time I enjoy practicing capoeira (a brazilian martial art form), watching foreign films, laughing, humming to myself, and drinking mate tea. I am a feminist who likes to study and deconstruct issues of gender and race. I am very interested in the subculture and validity of sex work. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: